Working With Veterans: From Recruiting to Employing
Please join OSWILG for an informative breakfast seminar detailing the complexities involved with engaging the modern veteran workforce. This interactive program will include a wide range of perspectives, from the unique experience of veterans transitioning into the civilian workforce, to issues of accommodation and outreach among the HR community. A panel of speakers will include military personnel and a variety of private sector employers.
Highlights of the discussion to include:
* Challenges faced by military personnel when transitioning into the civilian workforce, specifically including the translation of skills and military jargon to a civilian resume;
* Tips for the HR community on consideration of veteran applications and resumes;
* Reserve forces - employer obligations and paths to navigate active-duty mobilization;
* Best practices implemented by employers; and
* Contact information for veterans' agencies and other outreach avenues
||Wednesday, November 2, 2016
||Registration/Breakfast - 8:00 a.m.; program 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
||Multnomah Athletic Club, 1849 SW Salmon, Portland, OR
||$55 OSWILG/PHRMA Members; $70 Nonmembers
||Reply to email@example.com, visit www.oswilg.org or call 971.202.2053. Credit card payments are accepted on our website.
||Certificate of attendance provided
||On or before Friday, October 28th
* Sgt. Jay Black, WEO Media, Search Engine Optimization Manager, member of the Oregon Army National Guard
* Tracy Steinbrink, Daimler Trucks North America, Director of Aftermarket Supply Chain and executive sponsor of the Daimler Military Veterans employee group
* Michael Benko, WorkSource Vancouver, Veteran’s Employment Representative
* Jennifer Hibbs, WorkSource Vancouver, drilling member of the Portland Air National Guard and volunteer with Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR)